When you look on your natal chart for potential careers and how successful you might be, you may find planets placed in the 2nd, 6th, or 10th houses or aspects with your Midheaven. Planets in these vocational sectors are the strongest career factors, and usually one or two of these planets will be the dominant influence. One important consideration for determining which planets are dominant is to measure how strong each of them is.
Let’s see what it means to have a dominant planet:
- If it’s conjunct the Midheaven (MC) within 10°, the 10th or 9th house.
- If it’s one of the highest score*.
- If it’s square, trine, or opposite the MC.
- If it’s one of the most aspected planets in the chart.
- If it’s in a career-oriented earth sign — Taurus, Virgo, or Capricorn.
Let’s suppose that the MOON is your dominant planet due to career path.
- Depending on the Moon’s sign, house, and aspects to other planets, there can be a major focus on nurturing the self and others, the home and family, women and the emotions.
- You can be overly invested in the past and family issues, and there may be many emotional ups and downs.
- You’re likely to have your own family.
The potentials that the MOON at its best can bring to your career:
- A strong female support system.
- Ability to give and receive nurturing when carrying out the work of the career.
- The work of the career often focuses on and benefits women and families.
Possible deficits to overcome:
- Emotional ups and downs in pursuing the career during lunar or menstrual cycle.
- Insecurity, connected to past patterns and habits, rather than responding to current reality.
- Being too dependent in relationships connected with the house matters and career.
The MOON’s possible constructive traits: nurturing, caring, emotionally aware, sensitive, intuitive, homey, receptive, attuned to lunar cycles, domestic, maintaining family and tradition.
The MOON’s possible difficult traits: emotional eating, co-dependency, moodiness, living in the past; hypersensitive, clinging, insecure; a worrier, conservative, easily offended, fixed in habits.
Solutions to Fix difficult traits for the MOON:
- Do something to make your home a cosy nest;
- Reconnect with your roots by visiting or calling people from the past who were nurturing.
- If you love to cook, make a special meal, and if you don’t, then eat at a special restaurant.
- Follow the Moon in its monthly course around your chart. Meditate during Full Moon and New Moon cycle. It helps you to keep your inner soul in balance with nature.
*) Score to define MOON as dominant in natal chart:
15 points for Moon conjunct the Sun, Ascendant, or Midheaven,
10 points for Moon square, trine, or opposite the Sun, Ascendant, or Midheaven,
10 points for Moon within 5° of the North or South Node (as you were born at an eclipse),
6 points for Moon conjunct, square, trine or opposite other planets,
4 points for Moon in minor aspect (sextile, semi sextile, semi square or other) to the Sun, Ascendant, Midheaven, or other planets,
5 points for Moon as a Part of major configuration like a stellium, T-square, or Grand Trine.
Moon’s orbs: 10° for conjunctions, 8° for oppositions, 6° for trines or squares, 3° for minor aspects
Next month I will write about MERCURY as a dominant planet in your career path.